1. I was born on the south side of Chicago. As a kid, I lived in Orland Park. The White Sox are the baseball team I cheer for.
2. I have a very typical nuclear family: 2 parents, 1 younger brother. Growing up, we didn't have a dog, but we did have a white shit brown picket fence. My parents have been married for 40 years.
3. I lived for 3 1/2 years in Columbus, Ohio. I learned a lot there. Maybe too much.
4. I bought a guitar when I was 14 against my parents orders. I wanted to play like Eddie Van Halen. I met Eddie once. I still can't play like Eddie.
5. The first time I got drunk... never mind.
6. I still am in contact with several childhood friends.
7. I had two reoccurring anxiety driven dreams as a child. The first was being abducted by the Incredible Hulk. The second was riding my big wheel off a cliff.
8. My father was an engineer and my mother a counselor. I'm an art director + designer in the branding industry. Go figure.
9. My grandmother is 86 and has smoked for 70+ years. I don't smoke but I'm considering starting.
10. After high school I had no direction in my life whatsoever so I went to Illinois State University because some of my friends were going there. Luckily I fell in love with Graphic Design and it all worked out.
11. An ex-girlfriend once told me that I'll bend over backwards for a perfect stranger but I abandon the people I'm closest too. I hated to admit it, but at the time she was right. I try to bend over backwards for everyone now.
12. One of my favorites movie lines is from Caddy Shack: Thank you very little.
13. I'm addicted to tomatoes and tomato based products.
14. When I saw E.T. for the first time I cried at the end.
15. I know one person from China. I met him in Ohio. He's probably the most incredibly gifted artist I'll ever know. I've had the privilege of regularly drinking beer with another successful artist in Ohio who I secretly idolize. I know another artist from Ohio who still owes me money. I met a lot of very talented artists in Ohio.
16. I'm 5'11.
17. I don't have any stupid human tricks that would get me on Letterman. However, I once was able to change a tire in under 30 seconds when I was a tire tech.
18. I've lived without a TV for the last 5 years.
19. I went to Rome by myself after college to see the art that I learned about first hand. Some people think it's weird that I went there by myself. I think it's weird that people don't do the things they want to do.
20. I've dated a wide variety of women in my life but women with cats are deal breakers. Even smart, rich, beautiful women with cats. I tried.
21. I started taking violin lessons when I was 7. I stuck with it through 11 and I quit because I was the last boy left in Orchestra. One day, when I have more time, I'd like play it again. While I'm at it I'd like to learn the piano too.
22. I've never been to New York to see The Apple drop at midnight. I have been to Clinton, Ohio on New Year's Eve to see the Muskie drop at midnight.
23. At 12 years old I realized that my childhood was officially over after entering Disney Land with my parents. Even though I was far from home I didn't want anyone to see me with them.
24. I'm lefty. I once was told that there's something attractive about the way I protectively cradle a pen in my hand. I've also been told there's something wrong with me because I'm lefty.
25. I have never completed a triathlon or marathon. I did run the quarter mile consistently in high school in under 60 seconds and a mile in college consistently under 5 minutes. I will do a marathon at some point in my life.
26. I hate being in a car.
27. During my high school years, I remember having a tortureous jalapeno pepper eating contest with some friends. It was one of the most amazing events I've ever witnessed.
28. I'm have no formal training in architecture and urban planning but I'm fascinated with both subjects.
29. I don't wear glasses.
30. I once lived in a house for 2 years without a kitchen. I was too busy with my career to care.
31. I'm not sure what role religion plays in my life. I'm discovering that it probably should play a role.
32. At 35 I'm finally realizing that I'm not in my 20's anymore.
33. It makes me crazy when people confuse activity for progress.
34. One of my favorite memories in life so far has been driving down PCH 1.
35. I hope I can write a list that goes to 100 someday.