Monday, March 24, 2008

Marketing That Melts In Your Mouth

I can't believe that I have 2 postings about Welch's on my blog already but I guess they have been developing some innovative ideas that have caught my eye. This Welch's ad that is running in People magazine is the first that I've seen with a lickable sample in print. That technology is brought to us by the people at www.firstflavor.com.

I really liked this idea at first but the more I think about it the more I want to throw up in my mouth a little bit. I haven't actually tried one of these flavor strips yet but I'm sure it tastes a little like grape and a little like paper and ink (from the smell of the magazine itself). At any rate I think this technology has potential but magazine ads might not be the best placement for it. 

No comments: